Patriot Mobile Donates $10k to the NRA
by Hardeep Chawla
Leave a comments
At Patriot Mobile, our members have the unique opportunity to support 16 conservative organizations with their cell phone bill, at no extra cost, to be given as a donation. We had the opportunity to visit with the NRA last weekend and give them a contribution of $10,000. While there, we learned about their bright history, how they came to be, and what they are doing to protect and defend our Second Amendment rights.
The National Rifle Association was formed in 1871 when two Union veterans (Col. William Church and Gen. George Wingate) became dismayed by the lack of marksmanship demonstrated by their troops. The primary goal of the association was to “promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis.” Throughout their history, the NRA has promoted shooting sports, created rifle clubs, and supported youth programs at ranges across the country. The NRA developed programs to train our law enforcement and worked with hunting associations to make hunting safer. Their organization leads the charge in civilian training and firearms education, and has developed programs to teach small children how to be safe around guns. Members are kept informed about new firearms bills and various legislation that threatens the Second Amendment. In 1975, recognizing the critical need for political defense of the Second Amendment, the NRA formed the Institute for Legislative Action, or ILA. “While widely recognized today as a major political force and as America’s foremost defender of Second Amendment rights, the NRA has, since its inception, been the premier firearms education organization in the world.”
Here are 5 reasons why we love the NRA:
- The NRA keeps the public abreast of legislation that effects our Second Amendment rights. Their website offers comprehensive information on state by state gun laws, legislation that is passed in Washington, and new laws that effect our Second Amendment rights.
- The NRA Foundation supports the needs of freedom-loving Americans across this great nation. Since 1990, the NRA has awarded nearly $335 million in grant funding in support of the shooting sports. “These grants provide essential funding that benefits programs such as youth education, law enforcement training, hunter education, conservation, firearms and marksmanship training and safety, and much more.”
- The NRA provides in-depth and informative training for new or prospective gun owner or hunters in search of training. Regardless of skill level, there is a class for you!
- The NRA has been providing firearms training, competition, and safety programs for our nations law enforcement. They offer means to certify law enforcement firearm instructors and create law enforcement firearm competitions, and are there to assist the law enforcement and military in any capacity it can.
- The NRA offers women’s programs, and give ladies the opportunity to receive firearms training by certified instructors, get involved in clubs and competitions, and receive awards and scholarships.
If the constant and unrelenting infringement upon our Second Amendment rights disgusts you, if you’re fired up about the false narrative regarding the NRA and American gun owners, or if you just love the sport of shooting, JOIN THE FIGHT TODAY and become an activist for the NRA! A simple way to do this is to join Patriot Mobile and support your Second Amendment rights just by paying your cell phone bill. This week, Patriot Mobile was able to deliver a $10,000 check to the NRA because of the generosity of great patriots!